CKS Squad Review by Tracy Sage: The Jackson Kayak Rock Star
Rockin’ The Rockstar in the Salida Hole.
Just as the Arkansas River was dropping back down to good play levels a couple weeks ago, my new Jackson Rock Star arrived at CKS. I love how this boat paddles from the very first session.
Right away I Noticed how fast, loose and what big air, and big trick potential the Rock Star has. I have been paddling the latest version of the star, which I really like. The Rock Star is even better. The Rock Star goes huge, and then there you are set up for the next move.
- Very loose– easy to clean spin, and initiate harder tricks.
- Fast– right into the next trick, great for linked moves.
- Big Air– straight up in the air, huge loops, godzillas, etc.
- Good Fit– Sit up high in seat for leverage.
- Nice edge for tricks
- Very light– easy to maneuver, and kind to the body.
- Takes a little getting used to the speed. Ready or not there you are…all set up to throw a trick.
- The higher seat with the 200 Sweet Cheeks may take some getting used to for balance. Can always switch out to a 100 sweet cheeks ( not as thick)
This playboat is my favorite ever paddled. Really fun. Getting bigger air, and helping me toward completing trickier moves.