At last, a bomber fitting dry top at a reasonable price. Next to your kayak, your dry top can be your priciest investment. Less expensive alternatives always seem to be either non-breathable (so you got wet anyway) or ill fitting (like a plastic bag). Level Six’s Duke and Duchess Dry Tops can now offer paddlers on a budget great fit and comfort at a modest price.
- eXhaust 2.5 ply waterproof breathable ripstop nylon
- Double tunnel NEW “DCS” waistband
- 0.5 mm neoprene wrist and neck gasket protectors
- Latex neck and wrist gaskets
- Sizes: xs,s,m,l,xl,xxl
- Duke Colors: Pacific Blue/Riverstone Grey, Olympic Red/Riverstone Grey, Mustard/Riverstone Grey
- Duchess Colors: Pacific Blue, Riverstone Grey/Razzberry Piping
- The Duke and Duchess are bomber fitting 3 season tops that share the same highly reviewed fit of their 3-ply dry-tops, giving you a completely unrestrictive range of body movement, but also a fully waterproof breathable dry top with the Level Six eXhaust 2.5 ply fabric.
- Economical pricing
- Very stylish for a $210 dry top (The Duke and Duchess are on sale for $179.95!)
- Reflective piping for hitching a shuttle at night?
- lightweight, waterproof and breathable dry top material is VERY comfortable and allows for a completely unrestricted range of body movement.
- Overlapping double tunnel and nylon web belt adjustment points will provide a more reliably dry seal at the waist.
- The Level Six Duke and Duchess are economical tops that do not have a lot of bells and whistles (like a Kokatat Rogue) which costs just under $400). For example, there is no accessory pocket to keep car keys, or an snack bar in.
- The vulcanized neck does not tighten as much as Velcro one. This could be important for heavy duty playboating or paddling in the cold(but hey, it’s only a 3-season top).
- The elastic tunnel on the bottom of the skirt rides up every once in a while. It would be nice if it had a cinch strap like some other dry tops.
Level Six makes dry tops that are stylish, cost effective and functional. The Duke(his) and Duchess(hers) are two great examples of this. Both of them are waterproof/breathable, have latex neck and wrist gaskets, are non-bulky and allow for unrestricted movement, and best of all cost 1/2 as much as other dry tops on the market. They are not the most feature rich dry tops (no accessory pocket, no extra padding) but then again, this is one of the best values around.