The Astral Bird Dog Canine PFD Review
The Bird Dog is one stylish looking PFD. It’s not too often that the CKS staff gets excited about canine personal flotation. Throw some funky colors on the sides, and give it the Astral touch, and now you’ve got peoples attention. Here is the low down on The Bird dog:
- Cordura shell is very durable. The Bird Dog will last just as long as any Astral PFD that you have owned.
- The hinged foam aids mobility. If you have ever worn a Willis, Bella or Green Jacket, then you know how nice it is to have a PFD that moves with you, as opposed to feeling like a piece of foam duct taped to your torso.The ergonomic foam also supports your dog in a natural swimming position.
- The leash loop and raised grab handle are necessities for hyper active water loving bird dogs.
- Adjustable neck and chest straps help to fine tune the fit.
- Reflective piping is good for visibility, especially when your buddy is running around the take out at sunset.
- We have not had the chance to test out The Bird Dog in the rio yet. As of right now, the only possible drab back to this canine PFD would be price. Astral is typically, one of the more expensive PFD companies out there. You get what you pay for though.
If you have a dog and spend time near a river (or the ocean) then you should consider getting a canine PFD. If your dog is a swimmer, then investing in some flotation is a must. If you want the best, meaning a stylish and functional PFD that can handle the rigors of active dog usage, The Astral Bird Dog is a choice worth looking at.