Clifton Hypalon Adhesive is the industry choice for strength and durability. Mix with Clifton Accelerator for a better bond and faster cure time. Not required although highly recommended for any repair subject to high stress including D-rings, foot-cups, and handles. Accelerator ratio: 0.8 oz. to 1 gal. glue.
Clifton Hypalon Quart Features:
- 3.5 ounces should cover 1-sq. ft. of patch (both surfaces), with 3 thin coats.
- Use Clifton Hypalon Adhesive to bond Hypalon to Hypalon, but this adhesive may also be used to bond rubber to rubber.
- Shelf life: 1 year
- Cut a rounded patch that extends 2” in all directions from the point of damage. Rounded edges minimize the chances of a snagged corner.
- Trace the patch on the boat surface with a pencil.
- Using fine sandpaper (150-180 grit), lightly buff the two surfaces that need to be glued together. The backside of the patch and surface of the boat. Sand lightly, the objective is to remove the boat’s glossy layer and avoid exposing threads.
- Using a lint-free towel, apply Toluene to both surfaces to ensure a good glue bond. Allow a minute to let the Toluene evaporate before applying the adhesive. If Toluene is unavailable, you can use acetone or rubbing alcohol.
- Apply a total of three even coats of adhesive to both the backside of the patch and the boat. Allow 10-30 minutes between each coat, allowing time for the adhesive to become tacky. To determine takcyness, touch your knuckle to the adhesive. If your knuckle makes an indent and the glue does not stick to the skin, another coat is ready to be applied. If the adhesive becomes too dry, it can be reactivated by repeating step 4 of the preparation process.
- Align the two sticky surfaces with precision. Use a roller and apply vigorous pressure to the entire glue surface, paying special attention to the perimeter of the patch. Roll outwards from the center to eliminate air bubbles and bond the surfaces. Use a lint-free towel damp with Toluene to wipe away excess glue.
- Curing time takes anywhere from 8-12 hours depending on whether an accelerant was used. Allow 24 hours before inflating the chamber.
This product can expose you to chemicals including Toluene which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.F65Warnings.ca.gov.