The NRS Whitewater Kayak Sherpa allows you to quickly and easily strap your kayak to your back. If you are looking at a long hike, make sure the Kayak Sherpa is in your gear pile... it will save you a lot of hassle and the sore shoulders before the run starts.
NRS Kayak Sherpa Backpack Features:
- Adjusts to fit most current whitewater kayaks, positioned bow or stern up, and with your back against either the bottom or the deck of the boat.
- The adjustable, padded shoulder straps and waist belt spread the boats weight between the shoulders and hips, increasing carry comfort.
- Three long, heavy-duty 1-1/2" webbing straps that clip around the boat give you great versatility for attaching your kayak to the pack.
- Leaves your hands free for carrying other gear, for balancing, or for holding onto a bow strap for longer boats.
- When you get to the water, stow the Sherpa behind your seat or up in the bow.Back panel is 23" L x 8.75" W at base
- Padded waist belt expands to 60"
- Chest harness fits well up to 49"
- Three heavy-duty 1 1/2" webbing straps
- Padded shoulder straps
- 3 pockets
- Fits any whitewater boat
- No more propping the kayak on your shoulder or dragging it up the trail.
Great multipurpose hauler
Just did some remote kayaking in Maine and used this pack for the first time. The Sherpa does a great job of moving the weight of a kayak to your hips, where it belongs. Saved my shoulders enough to keep me fresh throughout the weekend and multiple hike only "shuttles". When hiking in to camp I was able to get the straps around several dry bags at once fairly securely which saved a trip or two. Unlike the one pictured mine has "thule" type strap/buckle instead of the large plastic clips. Definitely worth the money!