The Kokatat Maximus Centurion PFD is Kokatat's premier Type V rescue PFD. The Maximus Centurion features the highest flotation in the industry, has a very snug and comfortable fit, and has multiple pockets for tons of storage!
Kokatat's Dynamic Suspension System allows the top panel of the PFD to move freely and comfortably with the paddler, while the inside panel stays snug to the lower torso; keeping your head up and out of the water after unexpected beat-downs. The Maximus Centurion has a duplex chest pocket and a removable belly pocket to provide a huge amount of storage space without much added bulk. If you're a creek boater, river runner, or whitewater rescue professional looking for a high float PFD that is jam packed with features, look no further than the Maximus Centurion!
Kokatat Maximus Centurion PFD Features:
- 500D Cordura outer shell
- Gaia PVC-free foam
- Side entry design
- Large, gusseted duplex front pocket
- Wide, contoured neoprene shoulder straps for unsurpassed comfort and mobility
- Dynamic Suspension System (DSS) allows unrestricted movement of front flotation panels
- Front lash tab, strobe anchor on vest back
- Quick release chest harness and O-ring, tether/tow system ready
- Stretch mesh sleeve for River Tow Tether or cow tail
- Comes with Belly Pocket accessory
- US Coast Guard, Transport Canada and ISO (EU) approved
- BUOYANCY LB./OZ. XS/S (16/05), M/L (17/05), XL/XXL (18/00)
Pro Tip: If you typically bring a lot of gear with you for rescue scenarios, the Maximus Centurion is probably the best choice for you. Unlike other rescue PFDs, the pocket doesn't get in the way as much as the clam-shell single pocket designs, and allows the vest to countour more snugly to your body since the bulk is separated across several pockets.
Comfy, ample pocket space, great protection. Very happy with it.