The NRS Ion PFD is the minimalist's dream life vest. The 2020 Ion is one of the lowest-profile life jackets rated for whitewater use on the market.
16.5 pounds of flotation is concentrated between several small panels that are designed to contour and move with your body. A small front pocket keeps essential items close at hand and a side entry double buckle system makes this PFD a breeze to take off if you've got to change a layer out.
- 400 denier ripstop nylon ensures season-after-season durability.
- Six-panel design constructed with ultra soft foam for a flexible fit that effortlessly wraps your torso and flows with your movements.
- AirMesh inner panels provide ventilation throughout the jacket.
- Single-entry front, zippered pocket keeps on-the-water essentials easily accessible.
- Features padded shoulder straps, strap garages and reflective accents for low-light visibility.
- The Ion is a Type III, low-profile life jacket designed with 16.5 pounds of flotation and carries the US Coast Guard Certification, through testing by Underwriters Laboratories (UL).
Pro Tip: The nearly-flat profile of this life vest means that there isn't as much bulk to catch on the side of a boat or board when you are climbing back in. This vest is preferred by stand up paddle boarders and raft guides for this reason!
|US Coast Guard Type||III|
|Design Flotation||16.5 lbs.|
|Outer Fabric||400-denier urethane-coated ripstop nylon|
|Entry System||Side buckle|