The NRS Zen Rescue PFD has plenty of pockets and Type V utility while maintaining its low profile volume. The two-panel side-entry design (with a generous amount of adjustment points) makes this rescue PFD easy to get in and out of and fit a variety of different body shapes.
Boaters of all kinds like this life jacket for its large clamshell forward-folding pocket that keeps essentials like sunglasses and lip protection close at hand. The outer pocket also has organization for elements of your pin kit - there's also a sleeve for your river knife. With every new 2020 NRS PFD falling in line behind the design style of the Zen, its easy to see why this is one of the most popular Type V PFDs on the market!
- Type V life jacket delivering 17.5 pounds of flotation.
- Reinforced shoulder straps.
- 1 1/2" quick-release rescue belt with a carabiner attachment loop for a tow tether.
- Strobe attachment and lash tab.
- Clamshell pocket is big enough to stow and organize a small first aid kit or other rescue essentials.
- Hand warmer has an integrated pocket with zippered closure for additional quick-access storage.
- US Coast Guard Certification through testing by Underwriters Laboratories.
Pro Tip: The lower profile of the NRS Zen means that unlike some Type V's from other manufacturers, this one doesn't really fit a wedge throwbag inside the front panel. If you are looking for a quick-deploy option for a throwbag, look into a system that you wear around your waist, like the NRS Guardian throwbags!
|Design Flotation||17.5 lbs.|
|Outer Fabric||400 denier ripstop nylon with Cordura® reinforcements|
|Entry System||Side buckle|