The Tributary 9.5' HD is a rowdy little nugget of fun! These boats are great for technical river sections, high-volume creeks, or just upping the thrill of paddle rafting in general. This boat is intended for R2-R3, but its also a great R1 if you've got the skill.
This boat is pretty light and small enough to fit on the average sedan's roof rack or in the back of a short-bed truck for shuttle - Its a great boat for short sections that you are doing laps on without a trailer. Its capable in class IV and some V sections in the hands of skilled paddlers, and it makes class III sections much more fun than larger boats do.
The 9.5 HD has full-diameter tubes throughout the boat, along with 7-piece ends creates a more efficient raft by allowing the bow and stern rise to be more gradual. Most boats this size have 3-piece ends by comparison.
Why Tributary? Tributary boats are a similar quality to AIRE and are designed by AIRE, they just aren't USA-built and do not have the same 10-year warranty that AIRE boats do. They are built with near-identical materials and seam welding techniques. AIRE and AIRE Tributary boats are designed based on a component system with urethane chambers ("AIREcells") that are separate from the rest of the boat, rather than chambers that are formed by the welded seams of the outer material of the raft. While this makes the boat a bit heavier, there are superior advantages to this system:
- Field repairs are much easier and effective, since you can access the air chamber by unzipping the PVC outer skin.
- You can patch holes in the outer skin from the inside, making a more effective watertight seal and a less noticeable patch.
- Leaks are extremely uncommon since wear and tear on the outside of the boat doesn't directly affect its ability to hold air.
- In the event that you really cause some damage to the inner air chamber, you can pull it out and replace it; you're not stuck with a patch that is responsible for holding air for the rest of the boat's life.
Well taken care of, these boats last longer than any other PVC boat out there! They are a great investment for a private boater looking for a quality setup at non-Hypalon prices.
AIRE Tributary 9.5' Self Bailing Raft Features:
- Color Updated for 2020
- Outer Ferrariea PVC shell
- AIREcell system
- Fully welded seams
- Comes standard with one thwart
- Lace-in floor for fast bailing and easy maintenance
- Double zipper for AIREcell access
- Leafeild C7 Valves
- 10 D-rings
- 2 handles
AIRE Tributary 9.5' Self Bailing Raft Specs:
- Length: 9' 7"
- Width: 5'4"
- Weight: 69 lbs.
- Frame Width: 54"
- Max Frame Length: 50"
- Tube Diameter: 18"
- Thwart Diameter: 11.75"
- Center Compartment: 27"
- Kick/Rocker (Bow/Stern): 9.25"
- Number of Air Chambers: 4
- 2000 Denier PVC outer skin @ 43 oz / square yard
- Load capacity: 800 lbs.
- Warranty: Limited 5 Year Retail, 1 Year Commercial
- Includes repair kit