The Astral Hiyak High Top Water Shoe is how Astral designs a bootie. Ground-conforming stability, foot protection and insulation delivered. These high top water shoes are lighter, more durable and fast-drying and they offer outstanding gripping powers.
- Intended for Water & Boat/Kayaking
- Uppers: Hydrophobic Canvas with 1060D ballistic nylon reinforcement rand.
- High top padded ankle protection with semi-rigid heel cup. 3mm quilted spacer-mesh lining.
- Hidden laces with Velcro Over-Flap. Reflective logo at heel and tongue.
- Water-resistant laces.
- Midsole: Removable, 7mm thick 45C closed cell EVA foam.
- Outsole: G.ss highest friction G Rubber compound with razor-siping and drain holes toe and heel. 3.5mm thick. Non-marking.
- Foot to Ground Distance: 12 mm heel, 11 mm ball.
- Weight/shoe: 250g (8.82 oz)
- Sizes: Menï¿½Ûªs US 7-13 (Whole sizes only)
- Fit: True to size (For half size, size down)
Astral Hiyak High Top Water Shoes
These are my favorite shoes astral has to offer. Snagged em before 5 weeks of daily paddling in Ecuador and 21 days on the Grand along with months of local paddling between. Wore them pushing through the jungle, to many strenuous hikes along the Grand Canyon. Was nice to have the high tops for vegetation protection as well. There still in great shape, no separating like other models and the added cush in the high top... saved my ankles while continuously rubbing on my boat all day. I did however cut off the velcro strap off a few days ago. The velcro was still holding but was a bit worried for a trip hazard for this weekends Robe Race. Honestly think they look better without the strap and noticed how the laces were still like new from being protected previously. All in all, great product and will be definitely be getting them again.