The NRS Varial Hoodie is the gold standard in sun protection, designed with the angler in mind. You will find no other single garment that has the versatility that the Varial Hoodie does; its a buff, a hoodie, and a sun shirt! Whether its bugs, sun, or abrupt weather change you're anticipating, the Varial Hoodie has you covered from head-to-waist!
- The integrated sun hood and neck gaiter let you adjust to conditions on the fly, and on the water, without taking off the shirt. Use the hood and neck gaiter separately, or in combination.
- The poly/spandex fabric dries quickly, wicks moisture and delivers UPF 50 sun protection.
- Small, laser-cut holes around the mouth and nose of the neck gaiter release excess moisture preventing condensation build-up on glasses.
- Hood and gaiter loosely hang around the neck and back when not in use.
- Construction design eliminates seams under the arms and on the shoulders to deliver friction-free zones for paddling, rowing and casting comfort with a PFD.
- Thumb loops in the sleeves extend the sun protection to the fingers by preventing vulnerable gaps between your sleeves and sun gloves.
Pro Tip: While it might look like this layer would make you feel too hot on a bright sunny day, its breath-ability and wicking properties make it fairly comfortable. If you need to cool off, giving it a quick dip in the water, wringing it out, and throwing it back on will give you the best air conditioning the outdoors can offer!