Shred Ready's Tdub Helmet is a classic design made out of composite materials for a superior strength to weight ratio. New features include the HOG 3.0 Retention system that utilizes a BOA system to easily dial in the perfect tension.
- Shredlar Armid Fiber/fiberglass composite construction.
- Certified CE 1385 international standard for headgear for whitewater sports.
- Multi-Impact VN foam liner laminated to closed-cell comfort foam.
- H.O.G Lock Retention System.
- Interchangeable compression molded closed-cell foam fitting pads with super plush material that hooks to liner.
- Soft nylon webbing.
- Stainless steel rivets and burrs to stop the corrosion.
- Duraflex fasteners, adjusters, and stops.
- Four-point retention system that allows the helmet to be worn forwards or backwards.
- One-Year limited warranty on workmanship and materials.
Glue failure in heat
The glue for the padding of the helmet came off in the heat this summer. When I contacted Shred Ready about this one employee was rude and dismissive. His first response was simply "go buy some aqua seal". When I called the company the same person answered. When I asked to speak to his manager he hung up on me (twice). I was a longtime user of Shred Ready. No more. The poor customer service tells me its not a company I wish to do business with.
Dang, Kevin! Thanks for leaving this review! So sorry to hear that was your experience - we love their helmets too! Please let us know if we can help you with repair or contacting Shred Ready too.
Shred Ready TDub Helmet
By far my favorite helmet Shred has to offer. Not only does it look badass but it's very functional and comfortable. The bill is just long enough to cover your eyes from the sun and adds extra protection around the entire circumference of your dome. Took this on the Grand for 21 days while wearing my hat and glasses most the time. Was worked in a few holes, surf to chunder many many times and held all that sha-beep in place! The twist to tighten setup in the back is really easy to use and fits snug once adjusting the webbing correctly. The helmet can also be worn backwards or forwards. I haven't tried that yet but that because why change something that's already sick. I highly recommend this helmet for everything that doesn't require a fullface. For that, get yourself a Sweet Protection Rocker. Sha-boo-yah !