The tried and true Astral Green Jacket Rescue PFD stands the test of time. Above all, this whitewater PFD provides security and comfort. Built specifically for river rescue situations, the Astral Green Jacket features durable cordura nylon and simple and efficient pockets, like the zip-open chest compartment, it is a staple amongst guides and river-runners alike.
- Reinforced shoulders provide 1,100 lbs strength
- Foam Tectonics allow the outer front panel to move freely, while the inner panel stays in place
- Comfortable for both men and women
- Large clam shell front pocket has multiple compartments
- Zippered side pockets for Web-tow storage
- Quick release rescuers harness
- Spectra safety loop
- Pullover entry
- Rope ready storage pocket
- Enhanced Floatation for upper back and rib protection
- 16.4 lbs buoyancy
Pro Tip: The Green Jacket is a real-deal type V PFD with every possible thing a rescue professional could ever want. That said, there are a lot of choices made in the design this PFD that gear it towards being a piece of rescue gear instead of a comfortable, everyday PFD. Think carefully on whether you think you need all the features this vest offers, and check out the Astral BlueJacket if you really like a lot of the style choices of this PFD but do not require the bomber type V functionality that the Green Jacket offers.
- rescue use
- design enhancements
Green Life Jacket
Quick, easy. Great price. Fast shipping. Will use again. Thanks!
I’m on my third Green Jacket
I keep going back to Astral’s Green Jacket about every 10 years. Great fit, features and design enhancements with each iteration make it a no brainer. However, since this jacket is designed for rescue use, I would like to see a bit more floatation for additional safety.