Natalie Kellum Reviews
The Women's Kokatat Meridian Dry Suit
I bought the women's Kokatat GMER Dry suit this year and it is by far the best piece of paddling gear I own. It's super simple to use and it keeps me incredibly warm and dry every single time I use it. The Gore-Tex fabric and booties are thick and durable, which allows me to take it anywhere and do anything.
- Evolution 3.21 oz. nylon 3-layer GORE-TEX®
- Self draining punch-through neck & wrist neoprene over-cuffs
- Latex gaskets
- Self draining, zippered chest pocket with key lanyard
- Competition cut underarm
- Covered metal tooth, waterproof Optiseal chest zipper
- Dual-adjustable overskirt incorporates "hook & loop" compatible neoprene
- Adjustable bungee drawcord at waist
- Cordura® seat and knee patches, self-draining
- Hook & loop" adjustable neoprene over-cuffs at ankle
- Factory sealed seams
- Drop seat
- GORE-TEX® socks
- I can go pee without undressing
- Not wrestling with ankle gaskets and well-placed zippers make this dry suit super easy to slip on and off
- It's made of Gore-Tex, the only material that has been proven over and over for decades by outdoor enthusiasts
- Kokatat will gladly repair any problems that I have with the suit at the end of the season
Note: this isn't footage of a GMER dry suit. It does contain a good 12oz. hand off (attempt) at the end of the video. This is an essential kayak or SUP skill (almost as much as rolling, if not more) for all Grand Canyon / multi-day kayak trips with raft support.
- The zipper in the back for the drop seat can be a little awkward to place with hip pads and back bands
- My friends get mad at the take-out when I stand there and talk about how amazingly dry I am after a full day on the water
Helmet Cam of Havasu Creek and Lava Falls from Natalie Kellum on Vimeo.
For 21 days on a March Grand Canyon trip I tested the durability of this drysuit, not just boating but hiking, climbing, rafting and canyoneering in it. I have worn my Kokatat dry suit 50+ days and I am still dry every time I take it off. My only regret is that I didn’t get one sooner!
To stay up to date with the latest adventures of Natalie (and DK) click here: