Leif Embertson Reviews The Watershed Ocoee Bag
Holy dry bag batman, this dry bag is the shiznitt. This dry bag is probably the product that put Watershed on the map for kayakers and for good reason. The Ocoee is the perfect size storing cameras and other expensive equipment that absolutely has to stay dry and still has room for a few Snickers bars, a headlamp, and other river essentials. For those who haven’t used or seen a Watershed bag the closure system looks and feels like an industrial strength Zip-Lock made out of latex material. This Zip-Lock system creates a very airtight seal and makes the bag extremely easy to open and close. If you do use this bag for cameras or other delicate equipment I highly recommend the padded liner help protect your investment in that equipment. I also recommend rigging up a shoulder strap system so you can sling it over your shoulder while scouting or portaging.
- Dimensions: 900 cu. In., 14.7 liters 8"H x 17"W
- Colored Material: 840 denier nylon with polyurethane coating
- Clear Material: Abrasion resistant 20-mil polyurethane
- ZipDry® Seal - It's Waterproof....Guaranteed.
- Rugged Carry Handles
- Several Hard Lash Points
- Multiple Compression Straps
- Fast opening and super dry closure system
- Integrated padding for bag (sold separately)
- Perfect size for accessories and smaller items you want to take on the river
- Significantly lighter than a drybox of comparable size
- Being a soft bag it does not protect your equipment from impacts as well as a hard dry box
- I've experienced latex fatigue on the closure system but it was readily fixed by applying 303 Protective Solution
This video does not promote watershed bags, but it does have Leif Embertson in it, lots of Big South gnar and some great tunes...
The Ocoee Bag is the ultimate drybag. This bag is the perfect size for any day trip med kit and most larger Digital SLR cameras and HD Video Cameras. If you want to keep your gear dry, this is the bag for you.