This is where IR started, one sewing machine making shorts in 1997. They've come a long way since then, but never forgot the power of an awesome pair of shorts. The Guide Short series are their most versatile shorts, offering a comfortable yet durable polyester rip stop fabric, and the options of either a fleece or .5 mil neoprene lining.
All of IR's Guide Shorts Feature:
- Soft but durable rip-stop polyester.
- ‘Velcro-less’ fly
- Lace-up, waistband
- Hook and loop cargo pocket on side leg
- Loose board short fit (no liner)
- crotch gusset, with 10” inseam
- DWR finish and abrasion resistant seat panel
- The perfect board short for working or playing on the river or beach!
- Colors: red or dark slate
- Sizes: 30-38 even, 33
- Price: $49
- Colors: dark slate or tarragon green
- Sizes: 4-14 even
- Price: $47.50
- They last too long. You'll get bored of wearing the same color shorts for 5 years, and your significant other will get sick of seeing you wear your stinky, sun faded Guide shorts on every single raft , kayak and surf trip that you ever go on. People are still wearing shorts that IR made in the late 90’s, hurting our bottom line too.
- More color choices would be nice.
How can you go wrong with a stylish, well made pair of board shorts? IR Guide Shorts are standard issue for people that take part in any paddlesport in warm weather (throw a pair of polypro under your shorts and now your ready for spring boating, biking or hiking). They're available in a few different colors each year. If you don't see the color you like, wait a while an they'll most likely offer it the next season. Who know's maybe camo(see addtioinal colors), and plaid are on the way(if you're into that sort of thing).