Shred Ready Standard Full Face Helmet Review
Shred Ready’s Standard full Face version of the Standard Helmet sets a new precedent in helmet features, value, fit and protection. High Impact Injected molded ABS shell and integral face mask are combined with state of the art molded EPP foam impact liner and outfitting that you don’t find in higher priced composites full face helmets. It far exceeded the testing standards for whitewater headgear. Shred Ready Team members Chris Korbulic and Andrew Holcombe provided valuable feedback on the positioning of the face mask. The result is a full face helmet in which fits great and feels great. As well the face mask allows great peripheral vision while looking forward or while scouting from eddy’s and looking over your shoulder for the next big line.
- Shell: ABS-100% Virgin High Impact Virgin ABS-no regrind in this puppy
- Liner: Molded EPP
- Straps: Nylon with Helmet Industry Standard Duraflex ergo lock Acetel/Nylon buckles and dividers
- Hardware: Stainless Steel rivets, washers and strap hangers (you don’t even see these on 500 dollar helmets).
- Outfitting: interchangeable compression molded fitting pads, compression molded crown pad, cheek pad, ear pad, and facemask pads, sky mesh drop liner.
- Colors: Industrial Carbon, Carbon Blue, Safety Orange, Gloss Black, Comando Army Green, Wood (each one is carved out by workers).
- Value:The Standard Full Face is the best value on the market for a full face helmet.
- Style: Looks great and comes in cool colors. The custom graphic program is killer too.
- Function: It performs great and the one size fits all HOT ratchet system works well. It comes with shims too.
- Comfort:Once you get the helmet on your head, you'll find that it fits really well. It doesn't feel bulky, has great peripheral vision and is very light and strong.
- They're really hard to find. At the time of writing this review, we only have one in stock (and that's not by choice).
- The SR Standard Full Face is tough to put on. It's a bit narrow, and is a tight slide over your head. Once it's on though, your ok.
- If you have a really big noggin' you may not fit into this helmet. I usually wear large helmets and I could barely get it on my head. Once it was on, it fit like a glove (no shims, loosened all of the way).
As far as full face helmets go, this may be the best value out there. It's under $100, has great protection, fits well (once you get it over your head), has a diverse color selection and even allows you to put your own custom logo on it. The HOT ratchet system gets the job done as far as fitting this one-size fits-all helmet to your head. It's not the beefiest system in the world, but then again this isn't a $400 Sweet Rocker. You can have 1 SR Full Face and $300 to spend on a new paddle or one Rocker.
If you want one, it may be a little tough to find. They're in demand for a very good reason.