Mike Tavares Reviews The Wavesport Project X 56So the first thing that I noticed about the new Project X was the shape. At first glance, the boat is very pleasing to the eye. Smooth lines all around and a very crisp and sharp looking boat. The boat looks like it wants to shred on the river and it certainly does. What I like about the boat is that it has a slicey bow and stern, yet still has lots of volume loaded in the center to explode out of the water. The boats edges are also made to carve with the paddlers every move and be very aggressive and fast. With this being said, after a few rides on the river, this boat blew my mind. Here are a few points that I think set this boat apart from any other play boat on the market.
Length Width Weight Range Boat Weight MSRP
Project X 48 5’9” 25” 100-170 lbs. 31 lbs. $1049
Project X 56 5’11” 25.75” 140-210 lbs. 32 lbs. $1049
Project X 64 6’1” 26.5” 180-250 lbs. 34 lbs. $1049
- Slicey Characteristics allow the boat to be balanced and perform cartwheel tricks with ease while not being too long to catch while river running and playing.
- Volume centered around the cockpit allows for ridiculously big loop tricks. If you thought the project went big, wait till you try the Project X.
- Boat sizing allows for a better fit for a greater range of paddlers. Between the 3 sizes, there will be one that fits you.
- New whiteout outfitting is designed to not retain water which means you will be paddling a lighter boat throughout the day.
- The boat's hull is one of the fastest and loosest I have ever paddled. Unbelievable edge control and ability to move around on river features and while paddling downstream.
- All your friends will get jealous because you will be shredding your face off, seriously.
Wavesport 2011 Project X Promo video
Verdict:If you try a Project X, you will be pleased. This boat wasn't created overnight, which means every aspect was thought of and tested over many years. The result is a boat which will greatly increase your skill as a playboater and your fun level. We have been asking for a boat which is more aggressive, goes bigger, is more responsive, and is fun to paddle. The Project X is the boat we have been waiting for.
Mike and Haley at Z Dam
This is another Wavesport Promo video from The Diagonal ledges.. The Project X definitely shreds.
Check out this HUGE macho move.