The NRS Low Back Seat is a very popular seat for small raft and cataraft frames. Using NRS's LoPro hardware and a Universal Seat Mount, the Low Back Seat stays firmly secured to your raft frame's crossbar. The back of the seat is just high enough that it provides support in whitewater and keeps you better stabilized on your frame, but its just low enough that most PFDs clear it.
- The soft cushions are covered with a tough vinyl used in tractor seats.
- The low seat back fits comfortably beneath the back panel of your life jacket.
- Strong plastic construction eliminates metal parts that could rust or bend.
- This seat fits on the NRS Seat Bar and on the NRS Passenger Seat Mount, which clamps to any of our crossbars or side rails.
- Seat comes with mounting hardware: 4 each 5/16 x 18 x 1-1/4" bolts and lock washers. Bolt pattern on the bottom is 7.5"W x 7"L.
Pro Tip: This seat is designed to be used with the NRS Frame Universal Seat Mount, however, if you have a DIY-syle wooden bench, you can bolt this seat onto that as well!
Have you ever had a tough time convincing your family that your black eye isn't that big of a deal? Or spent an hour explaining to your Tinder date the difference between "homeless" and "houseless," just so they would understand why you brought them back to a tent in the woods?
If you answered yes to either of these things, hopefully this blog can help avoid some of those awkward conversations!