The WRSI Current Helmet from NRS is a quality whitewater helmet with unique safety features. The chin strap and O-brace harness on the back of the helmet are interconnected so that when pressure is applied upwards on the brim of the helmet, the system tightens to prevent the helmet from slipping backwards.
Unique to WRSI helmets, this system is especially important in the scenario where your head strikes a rock underwater and the edge of your helmet catches the rock. It ensures that your helmet stays where it is supposed to, protecting your noggin!
NRS has updated the 2020 WRSI line! Enjoy new colors and refreshed styles!
- A multi-impact shell combines with an EVA foam liner and a polyurethane sub-shell to effectively dissipate impacts.
- The Interconnect Retention System securely holds the helmet in place under hydraulic forces.
- A plush, breathable liner compresses and conforms for a secure, comfortable fit.
- Easily remove the liner to dry out, wash or replace.
- Adjustable O-Brace Harness conforms to the back of the head to help keep the helmet safely positioned.
- Vented shell keeps you cooler and lets water drain.
WRSI stands for Whitewater Research and Safety Institute, an organization founded to advance whitewater safety awareness and technology.
Pro Tip: This helmet has a plush inner lining that suspends the shell about a half-inch over your head. It's very effective at venting heat away from your head in a way that a lot of other helmets do not. It's a great helmet for hot summer days!