The incredibly comfortable Astral Designs Ceiba lifejacket is the most environmentally friendly PFD made today. After a 12 year labor of love, the crew at Astral is stoked to release a sustainable PFD to eco-conscious paddlers. Get out in nature while feeling good about nature.
Naturally buoyant kapok feels like down, while recyclable PE foam provides protection. The Astral Ceiba vest is ready for all kinds of paddling adventures.
- The outer shell is the world’s first UL & Bluesign approved 100% recycled fabric
- Soft Kapok front panel are naturally buoyant and conform to any body type
- Recyclable PE foam rear panel provides light impact protection
- Full length front zipper makes the Ceiba easy to take on and off
- Large fleece lined side pockets
- Front storage pocket for clipping hardware
- Nine adjustment points for a perfectly customized fit
- Carries US Coast Guard Certification through testing by Underwriters Laboratories (UL)
What is Kapok? Astral's Kapok comes from the Ceiba tree, which is native to Central and South America. Think of it like buoyant down material - it can be manipulated and moved around better than any other flotation material. Kapok allows for a more 3-dimensional fit.