The NRS Otter 130 Self-Bailing Raft strikes a perfect balance between performance as a paddle raft and utility as a gearboat. At 13' long, it can pick its way through bony lines in technical whitewater, yet its capability in big water should not be underestimated. The 18" tubes of the Otter 130 brings the weight of your gear or your paddle crew closer to the waterline, making for a more stable ride and lower center of gravity.
With a Row frame this boat is equally as fun as it is to run with a crew. The straight run of each side tube is reinforced with an abrasion-resistant patch where the frame sits to cut down on wear to the boat from metal, as well as unsightly frame rub marks that can be difficult to remove.
The 130 can support about 2-3 people for multi-day trips and can handle big water when loaded down. Its small enough that it feels sporty to row, but its large enough that it can accommodate standard-sized coolers and dryboxes with its 37" interior width. NRS has a wide variety of Fishing accessories that are ideal for the Otter 130 - this is one of the most popular boats for a three-angler flyfishing setup as well.
The Pennel-Orca material these boats are made out of is essentially the same thing as Hypalon, and it has superior abrasion and puncture resistance versus other materials. The stitching and manufacturing quality is outstanding. If this boat is well taken care of, it will easily last over 20 years.
The Otter 130 is a solid investment for any boater looking for a quality raft that performs well in all areas of boating.
- NRS Otter Series Rafts provide outfitter-grade performance that the private boater can afford.
- With 18" tubes and a 6'2" width, the Otter 130 is quick and agile without sacrificing stability.
- Will seat up to 8 paddlers with optional third thwart.
- Heavy-duty Pennel Orca® material is super abrasion, chemical and UV-resistant for unmatched durability.
- HD40 floor armor on the bottoms of the tubes guards your boat from the wear and tear of boulders and beaches.
- 12 stainless steel 2" D-rings give plenty of tiedown points for frame and gear.
- Four handles make carrying it to the water a breeze.
- Three main tube air chambers to keep you afloat in the event of an accident.
- Self-bailing floor with quick-draining holes allows you to leave the bucket at home.
- Trouble-free Leafield™ C7 Valves ensure easy inflation/deflation of the tubes, thwarts and floor, and the Leafield A6 Pressure Relief Valve protects the floor.
- The NRS BAT (Batten Attachment Thwart system) lets you easily add or remove thwarts to accommodate paddlers or a rowing frame.
Pro Tip: Otter or E-Series? The Otter series takes the Expedition (E-series) boats from NRS that have a time-tested reputation from outfitter use and dials back some of overbuilt features to make these boats more affordable to private boaters' needs. Otter rafts have three air chambers (rather than four) and smaller abrasion pads/chafers on the bottom of the boat than E-series boats do.